Tuesday, December 18, 2007

8 Months Old

Today Julia is 8 months old. She is such a joy. This week alone she is crawling all over the place, pulling herself up on everything, her favorite thing is to pull herself up and let go (which really scared me the first time she did it) and she also learned to clap her hands. She is so proud when she claps her hands its sooooo cute. She is such a happy baby, she is always smiling!!! It's so funny when she coughs she smiles after. When we are out shopping and passing by people she just smiles at them, such a social butterfly. We had to lower her crib now that she is pulling herself up too. I've also let her try some of the baby finger food treats, like puffs and these pin wheel puff things. They all melt very quickly. She seems to think its really weird having an object in her mouth but she does chew it up. She is just growing up so fast, I just want her to be a baby for as long as I can.


I know she doesn't understand everything I say but I always talk to Julia. Lately I've been explaining that it's Christmas time and we celebrate Christmas because it was the day Jesus was born. I also tell her about Santa and I tell her that Santa says "ho ho ho", and when I tell her this she just cracks up. We took her to the mall today to see Santa. Lots of babies cry when they see Santa, but no not Julia. Scott put her in his lap and she checked him out stared at him for a minute and then looked at the camera and smiled big.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great first time with Santa, how fun!

snookie said...

she is just the sweetest little girl,what a diva. Isn't it amazing how much you can love...when Kevin was born of course I felt that way but then he gave me three more to love soooooo much I call him the gift that keeps on giving. You are so blessed to have her as I know you know. Enjoy every second...
kisses ,Aunt Snook