Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy First Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to our little Angel!! We can't believe that our baby is already one. This year has gone by so fast for us. This year has been amazing. We have learned so much and have never laughed so much. Julia is the joy of our lives!!!

We sure did have a busy day. We woke up early and started celebrating right away. We have been really conservative with Julia's diet, all nutrition food, and basically up until now still baby food. But today was different it was her birthday. So Daddy made us pancakes and sausage....yep pancakes with syrup! Julia enjoyed them very much. She was smacking her lips together as she was eating. After she woke up from her first nap we went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day today, in the 70's and sunny. Julia was so excited to be at the zoo. She didn't know what to look at first and was pointing and waving at everyone. She did not sit back in her stroller at all, she just sat straight up...not wanting to miss a thing. Besides her bottle for lunch she had french fries and I threw in a little nutrition with some yogurt. By the end of our little adventure to the zoo Julia was so exhausted her eyes looked so heavy. She crashed as soon as she got in her car seat. After her second nap we took another adventure out to Chuck E Cheese's. We played and had pizza, jello, and some cottage cheese. Before we left for Chuck E Cheese's Julia was toddling around the house and bent over to pick up a book (lately this is her thing to get a book and bring it to us and have us read it to her...so cute). Well, as she was bent over picking up the book she must have lost her balance and her face hit the wood floor. Of course she cried, I wanted to cry for her, I mean it could not have felt very good. So I picked her up and we went outside. As we got outside I noticed blood on my shirt. Yep, blood. Julia got her first bloody nose. My poor baby. Another new thing that is new for Julia now that she is a year old is that we were able to change her car seat from rear facing to forward facing. She has always loved car rides but now is seems to really like it. She can now see us and when we look back at her she is just all smiles!!!

Needless to say we had a great day. All day I kept remembering what we were doing at this time last year and at some points I got all choked up remembering back. Julia was born at 2:35pm, so I set my cell phone alarm to go off at that time so we could really wish Julia a Happy Birthday!!! I still can't believe that my baby is not a baby anymore but a toddler....awhhh she will always be my little baby!!! Happy Birthday to my little cupcake!!!

Here are some pictures from our day!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy 1st B-day Julia, We love you!

Dawn, Jeff and Logan